Introduce Yourself. Say hi!

Hello,

I am starting this new post in order to introduce myself hoping to inspire others to do something similar (a profile photo also helps a lot…).

Feel free to link to your Linkedin Profile or your website. This is obviously not a CV-uploading topic but rather a quick introduction for new members joining our forum.

So…

My name is Pavlos Inglesis and I am the main person behind this forum and my website Quality In Construction.

I am a Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng MICE) and Chartered Quality Professional (MCQI-CQP) working and living in London UK with more than 15 years of experience on the field of Quality Management in major construction projects in the UK, in Qatar and in Greece, always working on the field of Quality Assurance and Control.

You can see my Linkedin profile here.

When I started my career, I had a very limited idea of what quality management is in construction after my civil engineering studies and it was then that I realized this is a topic that is not taught properly (or not at all) in universities or civil engineering and construction management degrees in general.

I had so many questions when I started out and I was extremely lucky to have around me people with tons of experience that could provide me with practical solutions, engage with me and basically mentor me throughout my professional journey.

However, I quickly realized that knowing what the right thing is and what needs to be done is only half of the problem. Implementing it is the other half.

So, I soon realized that Quality Management in the construction industry had its challenges and it was rarely the priority of the decision makers.

If you work in the field, you must have felt the same way at some point.

So, feel free to introduce yourself under this topic and make sure you complete your profile as much as possible to get the best out of our community.

2 Likes

That’s great! This is a very much needed community that definitely needs to stay away from Linkedin or Facebook and always stay anonymous and well protected, if possible.

My name is Helen and I have been in construction and engineering for about 15 years now started mainly as a Site Engineer and then got the opportunity to play with quality assurance and control in various levels and projects in AU.

One thing that all projects had always had in common is the fact that Quality Assurance and Control have been at the bottom of the priorities of the leadership, no matter what. I’d be super happy if as a community we manage to change that somehow.

Glad to be here from the start and a big thank you to you @pauligle for initiating the experiment and putting so much effort to build this up!:+1:

2 Likes

Great initiative indeed.

My name is Jon from the UK and I have 30 years of experience working in quality roles all over the world but mostly in the Middle East.

The industry has changed a lot since the early days of Total Quality back in the 80s and 90s and honestly… I wouldn’t go back to those days.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am Josh from the UK with more than 25 years in construction industry having worked in Australia, NZ and in Hong Kong.

Quality is my passion and I hate Linkedin too.

Good to find you all here!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Yevgeny and I come from Latvia. I am a civil engineering has been involved in many construction projects and always in quality control or QC.

Hope you are having a great day